Look as a wedding photographer being stuck at home has had some good things come out of this new reality. Spending more time with the kids, catching up on my favorite series and movies, connecting with my wife over cooking meals at home and even finally having time to blog! Working on parts of my business that I never seem to find the time to do during my normal schedule.
So, now that you are home I'm sure that wedding planning can be one of those things you can be working on. But if you are not one of those couples who is postponing and you are the couple who has just begun their planning, you may be having trouble connecting with vendors during this crisis. I found some cool tips that you might want to work on during your stay at home time.
1. Write Your Vows: You might not have thought of doing this, but now that you have the time why not give it a try?
2. Want to have a Signature cocktail or two for your reception? Search Pinterest for recipes and ideas. Plus it could be fun to do together at home!
3. Create a playlist. Have fun creating a playlist of your must have songs. First dance, parent dances, last song of the night can all be a part of that list.
4. Work on your logistics for your wedding day. Are your block of rooms reserved, do you need transportation, is the dog the ring bearer and you need someone to take them home once he or she is done with photos. Are you having a pizza party for the kids while the adults party the night away. These are things you can be brainstorming and working now.
5. Write thank you notes especially those who are helping you during this time. It could be parents, friends, your significant other and even vendors who have been extra helpful during this trying time.
6. Finally - take a break! Too much focus on any one thing can be a negative thing. So take time to do other things like taking of yourself, getting rest, eating well, exercising and being thankful today.
One last idea - we all have seen the increase of video chatting whether on Zoom or some other platform. This is a great way to connect with vendors, get know them, find out availability, pricing, get your questions answered, etc. I know that is what I'm doing right now and it has been a great tool for inquiries of future wedding dates whether this year or 2021. So if your looking for a photographer be sure to click on the button below to set up a time to chat! thanks for stopping by and feel free to share!
Content for this blog was sourced through the Wedding Wire Blog
Sean, Visual Storyteller
I HELP COUPLES PRESERVE THEIR LOVE STORY THROUGH COMPELLING PHOTOGRAPHY.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days in your life and I understand how important it is capture all the details of your day. This includes your family, friends, decor, venue and those spontaneous moments that happen in a flash. Your wedding is not just another date on my calendar.
It's a day that I know only comes once. You've put a lot of effort and time into making a great experience for you and your guests. That's why I'm there to serve you, using my artistic talent, experience and personality to give you compelling photographs that will be your legacy for future generations to cherish.
Sean True Photography is an award-winning Professional Photographers of America Certified Professional Photographer specializing in artistic wedding and portrait photography. Based in Durham, NC and serving all of North Carolina including Asheville, Chapel Hill, Charlotte, Greensboro, Greenville, Hillsborough, Raleigh, Wilmington, and Winston-Salem.